Coronavirus (Covid-19) Updates
Fr Simon writes:
This situation is beyond what I ever imagined I might have to manage, but certain pragmatic issues are central. Please continue to pray for everyone involved and adversely affected by the pandemic. Masses will continue to be said at the usual times and for the stated intentions.
The church still needs your financial support and you may consider changing to giving by standing order or simply by making a bank transfer as is becoming more and more the norm. Our account details have been provided below.
In a strange way, the Lord may be showing us how we might miss the regular experience of his presence within the body of the church who are his people, that we might thirst for that presence anew.
Mass times can be found on the main Mass/Services page. All times may change at short notice, but will usually be detailed in the Newsletter. You are also warmly invited to subscribe to our Keeping in Touch email list, which will be used for any urgent announcements.
Please see the Opening page for details of the precautions which must be followed whenever you come to church.
All our services are streamed live (follow the Live Streaming link on the left). If you need assistance to view the online video feed, please contact the Parish Tech Group − working with the SVP, we also have a small number of laptop computers we can loan out to anybody who needs them.
Individual arrangements will be made for funerals − please contact the office or Fr Simon.
We have gathered a collection of other online resources which may be helpful at this time.
Message from the SVP: Are you isolated at home, or struggling in some way due the impact of Coronavirus restrictions? If you would like a friendly chat on the phone and/or need help with shopping etc, contact the SVP and we will help if we can. Call Catharine Warren on 07421 253100 or email email@example.com.
Parishioners who usually contribute to the weekly collection in cash are encouraged to set up a standing order or to make individual payments direct to our bank account. The details are:
|Account name:||St Laurences Church|
We are also now able to take one-off donations by credit or debit card through Dona, an organisation recommended by the Diocese. Please click HERE to make a donation.
Here is a number of documents from the diocese and the wider church:
- Pope Francis’ call to prayer on 14th May (and covering letter)
- A People who Hope in Christ, a pastoral message from the Archbishops of England and Wales.
- Guidelines from the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales
- Letter from the Presidency of the Bishops’ Conference
- Liturgical advice to Bishops
- Decree regarding the celebration of the Easter Triduum
- Diocesan guidance on celebrating Confession with social distancing
- Diocesan guidance on celebrating Mass with social distancing
- Letter from the Bishop to Clergy regarding reopening for Mass
- Letter from the Archibishops of England regarding reopening for Mass
- Statement from the Cardinal regarding the November lockdown
- Report by the Bishops’ Conference on reopening in December 2020
- Interpretation of Government guidance on Places of Worship in the new (post-December 2020) Tiers
- Guidance for the third national lockdown in January
- July 2021 − Statement on the Sunday Obligation
- July 2021 − Step 4 Guidance
The latest UK Government and NHS advice can be found on various pages starting from here:
The completed risk assessment for St Laurence’s is also here: