St. Laurence’s Parishioners’ Open Meeting (Forum)
Recent and upcoming meetings
For the moment, online Open Meetings will be held approximately monthly, using Zoom.
The next meeting will be on Tuesday 23rd February at 7.30pm
Zoom details for this meeting: https://zoom.us/j/98121452077?pwd=akllcUVoS0tYd2o4YVJrUVhSNTVuUT09
ID: 981 2145 2077
The Zoom link for all meetings should be published in advance in the newsletter and sent to the Keep in Touch email list.
Agenda for next meeting
- Apologies and minutes of last meeting
- Mass and private prayer arrangements now and looking forward to Easter
- Reports from Parish groups
- Dates for future meetings
- Any other business - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to add items to the agenda
The minutes of the recent meetings and the latest documents on re-opening the church are available here:
- Minutes of January meeting
- Updated Parish discussion document on re-opening church (PDF)
- Guidelines on re-opening churches from the diocese (PDF)
- Parish risk assessment on return to church (PDF)
Please see below for the archive of all meeting minutes.
Saint Laurence’s Parishioners’ Open Meetings are normally held in January, April, July, and October. However, while social distancing measures prevent in-person meetings, we have agreed to switch to monthly online meetings. Changes will be announced in the Newsletter and here.
- Tuesday 23rd February, 7.30pm
- Thursday 25th March, 7.30pm
All parishioners are warmly invited and encouraged to attend all meetings.
Thank you to all who contributed to the extensive discussion on ideas for re-ordering the Sanctuary at the January 2020 Open Meeting. Given the impact of Covid-19, these ideas will not be taken further until we can ensure that everyone can participate fully in discussions, and until any changes in the financial situation are clear. However, a survey form has been created (as agreed at the meeting) and, if you have views on the ideas, you are very welcome to submit those views using that form − your comments will be included in any future planning.
What is the Parishioners’ Open Meeting?
In normal times, we aim to hold the meeting four times per year as a venue to share news and to discuss ideas for Parish life.
The Open Meeting was originally called “The Parish Forum” but has been renamed to clarify its purpose. Its Constitution is here.
Current chair of the Open Meetings is Stephen Warde. If you would like something added to an agenda, please email Stephen at email@example.com.
The Facilitation Group is a team of parishioners that makes sure actions agreed at meetings are carried out and the agenda for the next meeting is prepared. We’re always looking for volunteers to join the group!
The Diocesan Council of Laity is the forum for discussing issues of importance regarding pastoral planning which affect the whole diocese. We are represented on the Council by Jim O’Sullivan.
Meetings include some or all of the following items, with additional special topics added as appropriate:
- Minutes of last meeting and matters arising
- Feature presentation or discussion topic
- Social life
- Buildings and grounds
- Reports from parish groups
- Any other business
- Date of future meetings
Minutes of previous meetings
- 21 January 2021 Online Meeting (PDF)
- 1 December 2020 Online Meeting (PDF)
- 20 October 2020 Online Meeting (PDF)
- 15 September 2020 Online Meeting (PDF)
- 11 August 2020 Online Meeting (PDF)
- 15 July 2020 Online Meeting (PDF)
- 16 June 2020 Online Meeting (PDF)
- 20 May 2020 Online Meeting (PDF)
- 28 January 2020 (PDF)
- 10 October 2019 (also PDF)
- 2 July 2019 (also PDF)
- 4 April 2019 (also PDF)
- 15 January 2019 (also PDF)
- 10 October 2018 (also PDF)
- 5 July 2018
- 23 April 2018
- 8 February 2018
- 16 October 2017
- 12 July 2017
- 24 April 2017
- 9 February 2017
- 3 October 2016
- 21 July 2016
- 18 April 2016
- 4 February 2016
- 22 October 2015
- 16 July 2015
- 27 April 2015
- 29 January 2015
- 20 October 2014
- 17 July 2014
- 8 May 2014
- 9 January 2014
- 14 October 2013
- 4 July 2013
- 15 April 2013
- 28 January 2013
- 15 October 2012
- 12 July 2012
- 24 April 2012
- 19 January 2012
- 10 October 2011
- 7 July 2011
- 11 April 2011
- 27 January 2011
- 4 October 2010
- 20 May 2010
- 11 March 2010
- 15 October 2009
- 14 May 2009
- 26 March 2009
- 13 January 2009
- 15 October 2008
- 10 April 2008
- 31 January 2008
- 4 December 2007
- 25 September 2007
- 16 May 2007
- 15 March 2007 (first meeting)